MAKERERE UNIVERSITY JOINT AIDS PROGRAM (MJAP)
3 MONTHS SHORT TERM ENGAGEMENT.
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a private-not-for profit Company under Makerere University. MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB, Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
MJAP is implementing a sub-award grant from Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI), for accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control in Kampala region; with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
MJAP is seeking competent, passionate and dynamic individual to fill the positions below in a very busy health facility in Kampala.
Role Title: Data Officer
Role definition: Determine the suitable database analysis software; enter data that is used to generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for MJAP activities in accordance with MOH guidelines and procedures.
Reports to: M & E Officer
Key Result Areas
1. Receive and review raw data on the different program activities on a daily basis
2. Enter data into the appropriate program databases on daily basis according to the approved format
3. Create data cleaning queries to free data from any anomalies according to the data analysis procedures
4. Back up data and add password to the different databases used for data entry on a daily basis in line with the data security procedures
5. Carry out simple analysis on MJAP activities and document brief reports on weekly and monthly basis to inform the development of quarterly reports for the various stakeholders
6. Devise and implement a mechanism for safeguarding computer hardware and other accessories assigned to Data Officers
7. Offer on-going support to the data collectors in proper data collection and documentation procedures.
Qualifications & job specifications:
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics
• Specialized training in data management, analysis and interpretation is an added advantage
• At least 2 years working experience in data management
Key personal competences
• Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and organizational skills.
• Good computer skills and knowledge of common Statistical analysis and database management packages Ms Access, Ms Excel, STATA, SPSS, EPiDATA
• Comprehensive knowledge of computer data input equipment and error resolution in data entry
• High level of confidentiality, accuracy and team work
Role Title: Records Assistant
Role definition: To maintain custody of MJAP medical records in line with MJAP records policy
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Key Result Areas
• Register and record both new and follow- up patients and other registration data into the client electronic register.
• Receive and file patients’ information in the respective files in line with organizational system
• Retrieving follow up patients files as required by the medical team
• Review patients’ files and deliver non-compliant patients’’ files to the Clinic Manager in accordance to the organizational follow up guidelines.
• Keep records of patients who have been transferred out of the clinic and those reported dead in the clinic records archives according to MJAP guidelines
• Receive and distribute medical forms to different medical departments in line with MJAP guidelines
• Make weekly requisitions of supplies needed in the records
• Receive and timely filing of all laboratory results and any other information in their respective files
• Proper and timely filing of all patients’ medical records for easy access to the authorized people.
• Liaise with the data department in managing patient files for data entry and back to the records room for filing
Qualifications and job specifications:
• Degree in Records and Information management or its equivalent
• Computer knowledge is an added advantage
• At least 1 years’ experience in medical records management
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letter, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to; The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP), not later than 26th June 2020 by 5:00pm.
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB.
We do appreciate your interest to work with MJAP. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the submission deadline.